Tax Matters Overview

Tax transparency

Living and working abroad is an exciting, life changing experience, but it can also mean navigating through new and unfamiliar tax systems which can be quite different to what you're used to.

Whether you are about to embark on your first journey as an expat or have been living as one for years, there are a few key things you should know about how we report information to the relevant tax authorities.

You're responsible for reporting your own income in all countries where you have tax obligations, if you are unsure about your obligations you should seek independent tax advice.

Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA)

The Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) is a piece of legislation by the United States Department of Treasury and the US Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to counter tax evasion in the US

Find out more

Common Reporting Standard (CRS)

To help fight against tax evasion and protect the integrity of tax systems, governments around the world are introducing a new reporting and information-gathering requirement for financial institutions. This is known as the Common Reporting Standard (CRS) and we'd like to help you understand what it means for you.

Find out more

UK Tax Reporting Exchange

The States of Jersey have entered into a new legislation following the signing of an Inter-Governmental Agreement (IGA) with the UK in 2013.This new legislation is designed to gather information from people who may have a connection to the UK to ensure they are paying the correct amount of tax.

Find out more

It is your responsibility to disclose your income to any relevant tax authority